The goodness of beetroot and the tang of horseradish combine to create a bright, spicy, pick-me-up salad or sandwich filling: what’s not to love!
- 400 g beetroot. You can either cook the beets, until soft, peel and slice or dice; or shred/grate/julienne the peeled raw beetroots through a mandolin or food grater/processor.
- 1 eating apple finely diced or grated
- One portion of the quark-linseed oil cream
- the juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- a little extra lemon juice or milk if needed
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp grated fresh horseradish
- a pinch of ground caraway and a teaspoon of whole caraway seeds (optional)
- a sprinkle of cayenne or paprika
Mix all ingredients and serve with potato or leafy salad. It’s good in a sandwich too.
As an alternative make this with celeriac or carrot.