Dr Johanna Budwig was very specific in the drinks that were allowed on her diet.
All of these are permitted, but please note that coffee is not allowed at all other than as an enema .
No milk or sugar to be taken with drinks but the occasional teaspoon of proper natural honey is permitted.
- Juices – freshly-made, any variety you choose, see juicing pages for ideas and recipes
- Green tea
- Herbal teas – This means infusions of herbs not the flavoured herbal and fruit teas that are becoming common. Make sure they are good quality and not just “shavings”
- Essiac tea – specifically recommended: see separate section for more information
- Black tea – one cup is allowed in the afternoon if necessary, but without milk or sugar
- Red wine – one small glass in the afternoon is permitted
- Champagne – Johanna Budwig says that there is nothing wrong with a glass of champagne. See separate section on how best to enjoy the bubbly!